Monday, March 12, 2007

It Has Been A Good Morning.

Good Morning?
My lips quiver to whisper hello?
My mood ... my mood today is very mellow
A stranger unseen waves an uncertain path ahead
Pouring the morning liquor and reading the paper
I see my life is not as bad off
The obituaries are my morning comics
The phone rings twice, it's a telemarketer
He offers me a better life in a new world
I reluctantly take his offer
All I have to do is open the door
Puzzled and lost I ponder
I hang up the phone and open the front door
A bright light is followed by me falling down
I've been shot
I thought I forgot to remember
I've already accepted death
Now I'm living death
As my surrounding closes around me
I can see my better life in a new world
I smile and hear in the distance....
Good Morning?
The stranger throws his cigarette towards the right
He takes a deep breath and exhales the smoke slowly
He laughs deep and hard and cold and wicked
I lift my hand to block the light
And I slowly die
It has been a good morning.

2 comments:

Beyond Me said...

im guessing good morning means certain death but the question mark at the end makes it sound as if your wanting a new day instead of the same bad day. i don't know! just tell me!

ysfb said...

Look deep into your heart and you will find the answer. I believe in you.