Sunday, March 18, 2007

Emo Is The New Suicide

Nobody can hear the cries anymore of suicide. Now being dark and mysterious is "cool". Everybody has dark days, hell, I had month long eclipses of dark days. But there you have the kid who dyes his hair black and throws it over his face while listening to Dashboard Confessionals and Death Cab For Cutie with his converses on, bastards. Emotionally and internally, they are nobodies. Sad thing is, the other kid, emotionally and internally is a somebody. But he doesn't want anybody to worry about him because it's his problem and his alone. Nobody can help him, and nobody ever knows until this other kid has written a letter and taped it to the door telling all the people that he knows will be hurt by it that he is now in a better place.

But I'm happy. Suicide is hard thing to pin point on somebody but one clue that is a "pardon the pun" dead giveaway is lack of interest. Watch the person when they think you are not looking at them. They'll look like they are thinking of million things at once but still feel lost, because they are. They are in their own world. But I'm happy, I just hate emo kids. I'm relaxed, IT'S ST PATTY'S WEEKEND!

9 comments:

Beyond Me said...

i would never consider you emo. clinically insane two times over, but not emo.

btw, sexy picture

Beyond Me said...

looking at you again, you look a little like moe from the three stooges with your frown and the haircut. but it looks great on you!

kimmyk said...

I often look at my children and their friends and wonder are they happy.

Emo here is not a "cool" thing. But yet I see so many kids dressing the part and listening to the music. It makes me wonder.

I'm glad that you're happy now. I imagine that BM has a lot to do with it. I'm glad you two have each other.

kimmyk said...

P.S.

You need to change your background that shit was hard to read.
Just sayin.

ysfb said...

Moe? Thanks. When you wake up in the morning you are going to have the same haircut as I do.

The blog background was a weekend St Patty's thing. It'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Kate Michele said...

Emo is shit.

kimmyk said...

I can read again...thank you!

ysfb said...

Emo makes me sick. If you're gonna act dark, then at least listen to dark music. John Mayer is not dark music, JEEZ!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.