Sunday, October 15, 2006

They Are Not Real People



Everybody has a fear of things. People fear things everyday. As a kid I always hated puppets. They reminded me of little evil people. The way they looked at me. I got a Pee-Wee Herman toy for Christmas one year. You pulled the string and he'll say something. That was the beginning of hell for me. I thought it was a fun toy,....... until the batteries went dead. Then his speech got slurred and he was always missing for days. I swear, that puppet was alive. The way the moon would reflect the light off his evil face at night. When I wake up in the morning, he'd be gone. Oh that was so fucking creepy! I found out later on my bastard brother knew I got afraid of Pee-Wee (haha afraid of the Peewee), and used that in his advantage of scaring me.

I would get a little anxious when I see puppets on TV as a kid. Don't get me started on Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers. I remember that Seinfeld episode where Jerry hears the puppet at Kramer's apartment running around. I so believed it!

My girlfriend is reading this back to me. She thinks I'm off my meds. Perhaps I am off my meds! (as I start drooling) Pupaphobia is real people! When they take over the world and Elmo becomes President, don't come crying to me!

Then my brother made me watch Puppet Master as a kid. He is the reason I'm so fucked up now in the head. I'm so getting him back next time I see him.

I'd like to say that my fear of puppets is no more. I was a kid. Kids are afraid of anything. I was the only kid that I know on the block that was afraid of puppets though? I watched Saw 1 and 2 like a million times and I plan on watching the 3rd one. Pupaphobia is pretty funny now that I think about it. I mean, who's the little cry baby afraid of puppets anyways? I was, for about 2 years. But repeated viewings of Sesame Street cured me. Ok, I think I need some sleep now. I hope I don't have nightmares.

7 comments:

Kate Michele said...

What did I tell you about posting pictures of scary looking dolls????

Beyond Me said...

No more late night snacks for you young man!

Anonymous said...

Nothing tops the clown puppet in the original Poltergeist where it comes alive in that kids bedroom one night.

ysfb said...

See! If I watched that while I was scared of puppets, I'd never sleep again. I'd take everything out the room and paint the entire room white and sleep on the floor. If a puppet was out to get me then I'd see it.

@ beyond me, You brought back the painful memories of my childhood when you showed me that picture of your doll collection.

@ kate m, The Pee Wee doll creeps me out more than the Saw doll.

kimmyk said...

I hate puppets.

Seriously.

And the people who put thier hands in their backs. Get a real job you loser.

I dont like how their heads turn and eyes bat.

Gahhh. Don't like 'em. Same with clowns.

ysfb said...

I say that profession should be just for kids. If you're an adult doing that then it's just sad.

"I've been sticking my hand up puppet asses for about 14 years now. Would I give it up? Never in a million years."

Anonymous said...

o man i LOVE the puppetmaster series!