Wednesday, December 06, 2006

You've Got Mail!

Spammer Memory Brought Back From A Certain Firestarter

I have a friend that was almost bought into scamming. He got an email saying that he'll win a lot of money or a cruise to the Bahamas. He took the bait saying what are the chances of winning. So he gave this unknown spammer his phone number so the spammer can call him if he won.

Big surprise, he won. Within a couple of days of applying he won. The spammer on the other line told my friend that he won the cruise to the Bahamas. All he needed was his social security number, name and address to send the confirmation to. My friend was not that happy. He wanted the money. He asked the spammer if the next caller can get the cruise and he could get the money. The spammer hung up the phone. Of course the phone number would be unavailable. He was hoping that the phone got disconnected somehow and the spammer was going to call back, but that's been over 2 years ago. Call me crazy but I don't think the spammer was giving out any money or cruises in the first place. Call it a lesson learned. Now only if he'd given out his social then he could be chilling on a cruise to the Bahamas.

I just listened to the video below and I wanted to blow my brains out. Enjoy!

No comments: