Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas With The Waltons

I or should I say she decided that we were going to spend Christmas with her parents this year. I'm planning on:

1. Having to sleep on their plastic covered furniture
2. Eating soy enhanced turkey
3. Listening to Alvin and The Chipmunks Christmas music the entire time
4. Being forced to wear elf ears
5. Being forced to smile
6. Doing the dreaded caroling from door to door with people around the neighborhood.

And whats sad about all of this is that this what her mom told me what would be going on. It's gonna suck but I haven't spent Christmas with them before so it might be fun. I read that back to myself and cry a little.

I plan on doing volunteer work at a soup kitchen while I'm there with my girlfriend so that should be cool.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Oh my word.

#2? Errhm.
#3? Cotton balls stuffed in the ears.
#6? Sing off key. They'll ask you to lip sync. I'm sure you had to do that at one time with the other 'boys'. I know y'all didn't sing that shit everytime you were on stage.

Good for you volunteering. That's pretty cool.

Beyond Me said...

im beginning to think you that you think my family is stuck in the wrong century.

your right. but singing the chipmunk songs seems bad at first but you get sucked right in too. and i agree with kimmy on this one. you can be alvin since you have a history of singing.

ysfb said...

First of all, you know that my singing can be compared to a mouse on steroids. And I never tried a soy turkey. I didn't think they existed. And I'm not a carol sing a long kind of guy. I'd rather set myself on fire while drinking gasoline.