Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gossip

Rumors are going around that the girl I'm dating is a "frequent dater". I like her so I don't want to disrespect her and I hate that I'm even thinking about it. She seems true but cheating is something you can't forget. But this was all in her past or at least before we dated, maybe. My friend told me that he saw her with another guy holding hands. She doesn't seem like a cheater but now the thought has entered my mind, I kind of have to think about all the times that looked suspicious. Like the time she left her cell phone at my place. I kinda glanced over when it was ringing but I never picked it up. A person named "Zach" was calling her. Could be her brother, could be an old friend, could be.....but it could be any guy, really. Or when she is over flirtatious, but I do that too with other girls but that's my nature so that'll backfire if I ask. Should I ask her? Should I ask the girl that I've been dating for weeks if she is cheating on me? Should I just drop it and accept it and try to forget it? I don't know, knowing me I'll have to bring it up. No, I'll drop it. I say that so many times and end up not dropping it. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Euromark said...

could the rumors be an attempt to sour your plans - to get you away from her? Feeling suspicious and distrustful cannot go on for long in any relationship; something sometime will explode. I would talk about any specific things. "Zach" could be anybody, but if you mention "Zach" called, her reaction might help assess who he might be.

Leni Qinan said...

Yes and no.
Yes, it will explode.
No, if you said "Zach called" she could simply and naturally reply "oh thanks". (I would in her place). And you would be forced to be more direct.

My suggestion: You'll never know if you're not direct, but hey! you're over flirtatious and jealous... what an explosive cocktail. ;)

Good luck!

Unknown said...

You're a good man. There is no way I would have resisted not looking through her cell phone. I wouldn't have answered, but I would have looked a pictures and read text messages.

Just ask, fuck it!

Wes said...

Cheat on her first. Then it won't bother you as much when you find out about her extracurricular activities.

ysfb said...

@ euromark & Leni Qinan - I did the only mature thing to do, went behind her back and asked her friends, so things should come out in the open soon.

@ ace - yeah, i'm kicking myself for not looking through her phone, but that's just not me, unless I'm at this point of the relationship then I'm all up in that phone.

@ wes - it's clear that she is cheating on me so i want her to see what it's like.