Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Million Dollar Question

Are you ok? Are you sure?

Just because you have a suicidal past doesn't mean that everytime I'm upset means I'm going to kill myself. Even though I keep having those simulated thoughts of death, but that's another post.

It's like people expect me to be happy all the time. Like I say in the subtitle: Happiness is the placebo we give ourselves to hide from the depression that we all really have. But oddly enough, asking if I was ok was the one thing I didn't want anybody to ask me, but it helped.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess it makes since in a weird sort of way. I guess it's also like second nature to be concerned about people when they are upset, but I'm like you. I don't need the boost of sentiment to get me through the day.

Euromark said...

Who said we always have to be happy or successful? Life is life, and it is precious, whether we are happy and successful or not. It's not about a cost-benefit analysis. Life, the weather, the economy, and our mood go through ups and downs - the way it's supposed to be.

ysfb said...

I have more than ups and downs. It's more like downs and death. Actually, sunny weather depresses me. When the weather is chaotic or bitter than I'm relaxed.

Euromark said...

chaotic bitter weather gets you going - you are a victorian romance type of guy...lol.