Sunday, April 08, 2007

2 Years Here

Here's a picture of me about a couple of years ago

Its been 2 years since I started talking about my life here on this blog. It's been an eventful couple of years here. I met a lot of great people who were with me through my ups and down. I might not say it but it does mean a lot to me. Sometimes one simple comment can break me out of a slump.

I guess I seemed angry when I first started blogging. The anger turned into sadness and then depression. I had nobody to call my own. Shutting myself away from others was who I was. Depression made it's way into humor. Humor has always been my way of getting people off the subject of "my feelings". As long as I told a joke then people would just forget about my depression. Years of doing that just made me used to it. But anger is depressions twin and I battled them both together on and off. Happiness eventually made its way back. Met and kept a girlfriend that didn't try to hurt me physically or mentally. I had to look in the mirror to believe I was actually smiling at my life. And for awhile, I thought I could do it, but depression forced itself back in again last year, but I'm glad my girlfriend is trying her best to bring my smile back.

Now as I look back on my life, I sense things aren't any better. I met a person today that put some prospective on my life. A person that I see a few times a week and talk for a couple of minutes but never anything serious. I try to keep my depression to myself to make sure nobody knows but somehow I think he sensed it. He told me that his life was on the wrong path. He joined the church of Satan and worshipped him. He would constantly cut his wrist. He's been to jail countless amount of times for theft. He told me that he told his family that he was moving to a new job but in reality he was planning on killing himself. As he stood on the bridge prepared to jump he asked what else is left for him to do now? One voice told him to die while the other told him he has a new purpose of living. He listened to the voice of life and ever since he's devoted his life to religion. Somehow in a weird way I feel like he's some kind of guardian angel or something. Whenever I'm down, I see him again eventually like today. He told me that he'll pray for me today.

I don't want to know my future. I fear that I already know my outcome which is just fueling the depression. If I don't change path soon, I won't see myself in 2008. I know my friends are making sure that doesn't happen. But I feel optimistic. I can sense the cloudy skies are clearing. As life starts crumbling down on me, I'm smiling because I know sometime soon I'll be at peace once again.

Here's me last night. Sorry for the sad post. Here's to many more years, please.

10 comments:

kimmyk said...

I have noticed a shift with you. When I first started reading you you were all depressed and angry, but you were still funny. So I guess you covering all that with some sort of twisted humor rings true.

When BM came into the picture I noticed a difference in you. You seemed happy most of the time. Hardly speaking of anything bad. Even when you were angry with the dog you were still happy. Even when things were crappy with her folks you still maintained some sense of happiness.

I don't know what is happening in the universe but I'm tellin' ya-you are not alone. I am a happy person, but for whatever reason I'm not feelin' so happy these days. I'm tryin' to figure it out, but coming up empty handed as far as answers go.

I hope things work themselves out for you. I think maybe you are right-maybe that guy you keep bumping into is for a reason. Maybe you're suppose to stop and ask questions of him. I think people come into our lives like that for a reason. Maybe just sit with him for a few minutes and listen to what he has to say. I'm sure he would love it as much as you...

Keep your chin up...

Kate Michele said...

I was told once that deppression is anger turned inward....

and for me i feel that is true...i swing b/t the two of them.

I havent' been on meds in over a year...i got tired of them adding more.

I will say that when I get in one of my states.... I stop and think about all the children we see each week at childrens hospital fighting to stay alive. They dont' even fully understand life and death and the consequeces of each...but they know its worth fighting for.

Keep fighting....I think of you as a brother....so brother, please keep fighting. Stop looking ahead and and look at what you got in front of you.....

greg said...

You need to put your anger into something else instead of yourself. Think of something you can force all your anger into such as running. The anger will push you to go faster. You do it until your body tells you to stop. By that time your mind is already set on something new.

And don't talk about not seeing yourself in the future. Negative thoughts will lead to negative reactions. You can't let this depression control you. You handled it before and you can handle it again. Show depression who's boss.

Beyond Me said...

my only complaint here was that the picture was taken when I was just turning my head. you look a little high.

im glad i can be somebody that has had a positive force in your life. love you.

Shelli said...

"Humor has always been my way of getting people off the subject of "my feelings". ==== Wow, funny how that works huh? I feel the pain there.

I think Greg said it best. If you fear your future because you're thinking negative, your chances of anything positive coming out of it is slim. It's your life and your future you do for you. You are so much better than that bitch called depression. There is a reason for you and a reason you are still on this here Earth.

I love coming to read you...in some ways you inspire me, in huge ways you help me. I read. I laugh. Sometimes I laugh so hard I snort. (lol) i come here sometimes IN HOPES of laughing.

I think it's going around like a plague...like Kimmy said, you're not alone. I am sure that never seeing one small bit of good news on the nightly news doesn't help without having to look at 10 miserable stories about death, car crashes and war stories/deaths. I find that if I watch less news I feel less hurt about the world. I might be alone but it's just my opinion.

Hang in there...maybe you could run, run forest run, like greg said. or...just keep swimming...(finding nemo) whatever you do, please don't stop blogging. Am I being greedy?

SpanishGoth said...

I'm not writing any gooey shit. Instead I have an idea (feel free to keep it for April 1st next year if you wish).

First, the props:-

1 starters pistol
1 trifle poured into 1 plastic bag

So, next time you're depressed, phone your bro and start whingeing that's it's too much, this is the end, you've decided to kill yourself. After a few minutes of him trying to talk you out of it, fire the starter pistol *BANG* and then throw the bag against the wall *SPLAT* (sounds awfully likle brains hitting the wall). Then leave the phone on the side and smile smugly at the gibbering from the other end.

ysfb said...

That's great! I gotta try it.

Thanks for the support guys.

Ladyred said...

That's just horribly wrong Goth, but also sickeningly funny........

Yea dude chin up. I wouldn't know where to go to find another decent young man's blog to read (I really couldn't come up with anything else than 'young man' how pathetic) cause I am like way older than you but to see the world from your eyes is kinda cool......takes me back....to how much pain i was in at that age....and how i've grown...and hell i don't know but it's a good thing readin ya.

i actually had several plans on how i was going to get rid of myself, but i'm so glad i never followed through on those. i feel much better about life than i think i ever have.

and funny thing is:

I'm broke and in debt all the way to China..

I don't own anything besides a pickup.

I am not married (I think that contributes A LOT to my happiness haha). Although I do have a significant other, I'm not so sure about him....

I don't have children (another reason for my happiness I believe).

And after I finish college (at least before I"m 40 woohoo), I won't have a job.

So weird that even with ALL of that, I am actually content. Not happy. I think that's the wrong word. I'm writing alot aren't I?

Ladyred said...

Oh yea and I have an alcoholic mother and only a handful of friends.

But all in all I'm more at peace....minus the stress of it all haha.

Anyway, oh fuck I have no idea what I was going to say

ysfb said...

You sound just about as worst as I do.