Saturday, September 23, 2006

Smoke Out

Three days and counting. I haven't smoked one in three days. Peer pressure! It's like the Arabian man and the corner grocery store is my pimp and if I don't smoke those cigarettes, he's gonna beat me.

I had a reality check a couple of days ago. My mother called me and told me a story she heard when she was around my age. In so many words it dealt with death and many health problems. All this stuff I already know but my mom made it sound a little bit more graphic with sound effects.

After having another one of moms great conversations, I decided to definitely quit smoking forever. My friend on the other hand is having a little harder trouble quitting. They are planning some kind of intervention with him today but they won't tell me what it is. They feel I'm half on his side and half on their side on the smoking issue. All I know is that it has something to do with a liver and some fire. Sounds cool.

4 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Smoking leads to impentence....tell him that!!

BRAE said...

lol, that would make any guy quit smoking.

ysfb said...

They lied to me! It had nothing to do with fire!

He's the type of person that waits until the last minute.

Example:

He thought that riding in a shopping cart while somebody drives at high speeds was a good idea. Hitting a rock and flipping in the air was when he realized that this might've been a bad idea. But you only live once.

Beyond Me said...

I'm glad you quit smoking.