Saturday, June 17, 2006

Father Forgive Him

I'm going out of town tomorrow to see my Dad for Father's Day. I'm so tired of driving right now. I wish somebody would carry me wherever I wanted to go. Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there. And happy "Damn It's Freezing In Here" T-Shirt sold to every woman in the world.























And Happy Quaker Day to all the Quakers.





















Thanks Dad for being with me during my darkest time. Thanks Dad for not telling mom about all the times I could've really dissappointed her. Thanks Dad for remind me about my pet dog when I was a kid. Thanks Dad for buying my first Playboy. Thanks Dad for putting up with me for all these years. I know that I put most of those gray hairs on your head. But after all this, you'd still want to send me to Military School if you had the chance, but you knew that I would never stay there so you always threatnened but never put me there which I'm glad. Thanks Dad and happy Father's Day.

One story of my past with my father is him taking me fishing. I loved fishing as a kid but eventually grew out of it. I remember being on a boat in the middle of a lake in the winter fishing. The lake wasn't frozen completely, just the top of it was little frozen. I had a bite. I was so happy. Whoa did I have a bite. I couldn't pull it up. My dad got up and tried to help me pull it in but he slipped and fell and knocked me overboard, but I held on the that fishing rod. I wasn't going to let the fish get the best of me. I lost the feeling in my fingers and toes right away. My dad got back up and tried to pull me in. He told me to let go of the fishing pole I said "Noooooo, I gotta catch this fish!" I put the fishing pole in between my legs and we both got a laugh out of that. I could see the people on shore wondering what the hell I was doing. But I got back in the boat and tried to pull the fish in while I was freezing to death and shivering. Dad wanted me to go home and dry off but I was so determined to catch this son of a bitch fish! About a minute later I realized I was just hung on a rock or something the whole time but I never told my dad that because he would never let me live it down. So I purposely pulled hard on the line when he wasn't looking and broke it so I could say that the giant fish broke my line. I eventually went home totally pale white from near hypothermia giving my mom a near heart attack. We never caught any fish that day but I came close.....kind of.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

It's one of those "The big one that got away!"

One time when Adam was little he went fishing with his dad and he caught this fish-couldn't have been more than probably 6 inches long-Adam was about 4 I think and he reeled that fish in and it was flopping all over the place and Adam stood on the pier jumping up and down screaming "He's a fighter huh papa!?!"

That is one of our best memories of our lil guy-we still talk about it.

I'm sure your dad still remembers you falling in and holding on for dear life. If he knew it was a rock that broke your line-I doubt he would have said anything, for fear of breaking your heart.

Great memories boys fishing with thier dads!

ysfb said...

I had a great time with my dad. We watched some horror movies. None involving fish though.

Beyond Me said...

You are accident prone. You are a danger to yourself.