Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Fond Childhood Memories

I was around nine when I had my first real pet that I actually liked. It was a dog. I named him Boner. I was just a kid and I didn't know the other meanings. I just thought it would be cool because dogs like bones so why not call him boner. Well that's beside the point. I always wondered why my parents laughed every time I said his name?

Well I had Boner for a few weeks and he ran away one day. So I went with my father in the car searching for Boner. --------Ok, I might have to change his name for this story--------We searched for hours for him and we never found him. On our way home my father ran over something. All I remember is him looking in the rear view mirror and saying "Oh Shhh" and looking down at me. I said "what is it", and tried to look up. He quickly said nothing and he rushed me inside and whispered something to my Mom. She gasped and put her hand over her mouth. Then my dad went back outside.

My mom told me to sit down. She said that Boner probably isn't coming back but I'm pretty sure he's found a good home. I can remember her face so clearly as she is telling me this. She is trying so hard not to laugh because the whole incident is very serious but the name kept getting to her. I looked out the window and saw my Father throwing something away but I thought nothing of it.

I eventually got a pet fish but I named it Goldy. It died a week later so I just gave up on having pets. I think I overfed it one day by giving it a lifetime supply of food in 10 seconds.

I just called my parents to see if they remembered Boner. They couldn't stop laughing. I asked them what really happened to him and they said that "Boner has been gone for years but his memory lives hard-on our minds." After being grossed out by my parents once again, I just hung up the phone. I guess I'd just accept the fact that Boner did really run away and that my dad didn't accidentally run over him just so I can keep my memories pleasant. I'm pretty sure they'll bring it up at the next family get together.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

And just think you've moved on from having a dog named boner to a girlfriend.

niice.

ysfb said...

It's pretty weird that even at that age I was thinking of sex in my subconscious.