Saturday, November 08, 2008

Why?

I know this is petty but me and old people really don't get along. Yesterday I was at the grocery store waiting in line buying a few simple damn thing. I had in front of me a old hag who didn't know how to use the debit swiper. How hard is it to use it? What couldn't she understand about if she wants cash back or not? Then I had soccer mom trying to buy something that wouldn't scan so they had to do a price check. Turned out the damn thing wasn't for sale and was for display only. Then she tried to negotiate to try and get it for free. Now this is the new anger free bastard. Normally I would just tell her to get the fuck out of the line. But I didn't. I was so proud of myself, but then Mr. 100 year old Father Time behind me starting putting his stuff on the little revolving black thing on top of my stuff while the cashier was ringing up my stuff. The old man's wife was with him telling him that he is putting his stuff with mine, but he said he didn't care about this and I quote, "asshole in front of me". Why? I turned around and pushed half his shit off the conveyor belt. I laughed and told him that I guess I am really an asshole. I purchased my stuff and left. I don't think I'll go back their again. And yes I know I should've picked another line but you never know how long it's going to take. When stuff like that happens I always say to myself, it could've been worst. I could've went psycho and body slammed the old man while destroying the promotional display.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff man. Sounds like something I would have done. It's one thing to be old, but to be rude too is just plan not excusable.

kimmyk said...

what's up with you and old people? i seem to remember an older lady last year or the year before that baked you a cake er somethin wasn't it? she liked you. i can't remember the story but know it's in there somewhere...

anyways...shoulda shoved your shit back and had the old guy pay for it and then told the bagger yeah that's mine and gave pops a "See ya later dad" sort of wave and then he would have paid for your stuff and you coulda been out the door before he realized it.

think next time.

Bettina said...

I can't believe he would just call you asshole for no reason. If at least he would have called you bastard, I guess he would have had a point. :-)

Euromark said...

in extreme old age the nervous system changes, and the elderly can't handle too many things happening at once - it will happen to you too if you live that long. And some elderly are simply bitter about many things - think about it - they spent all their lives in hot sexy crispy bodies like you and I have (well....) but now they can't control a lot of things, and the body is becoming a prison, while they still see all these young people looking just like they used to look. It must be really hard.

ysfb said...

ace, true, but i'm an asshole, he's an asshole, we're both assholes.

kimmyk, I forgot about the old lady and her cakes. She was pretty old, but somedays I wonder what if, what if I hit that?

bettina, i think he was just pissed off at the situation. the difference is that i chose to keep it to myself, at the beginning that is.

as for euromark, lol. this guy and his wife I don't think ever had a sexy crisp body. i think they were born wrinkled and screaming "get off my lawn!"