Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Goin' Skibbin'

I not a frequent skibber. In fact, I haven't skibbed in years. It's really juvenile and immature but fun as hell! Skibbing is what we call bill skipping.

Tips for a perfect skibbin':
  1. Have a seat next to the door
  2. Don't do it locally
  3. Leave one at a time leaving 2 people at the table
  4. One person goes to the bathroom and 5 minutes later the other person leaves.
  5. The last person their in the bathroom has it the hardest. If they haven't caught on then it should be easy. If they have caught on then they have to act shocked and act like they couldn't believe their friends left them. Then when they least expect it, run out the door.

Not that I know a lot about skibbin, but I heard from a friend of a friend. I refused to be the last man standing. If you're friends like you then they'll be waiting for you. I remember one time it was so fucking funny! We were eating and everybody voted to skib. I couldn't afford the meal so I had to participate. The people caught on to the "last man standing". As our friend was running out of the restaurant, the waiters started running after him. We were all asking each other, "should we wait or should we run, should we wait or should we run". We said fuck it, and we were gone. We felt so bad. We decided that if he did go to jail then we will have to bail him out. Luckily he made it but he didn't talk to us for weeks.

But I don't skib anymore. But tough economic times are getting pretty crazy, and I'm always up for a good laugh. Being arrested for skibbing on thanksgiving would so kick ass! We'll see.

5 comments:

Euromark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Euromark said...

In that situation I would wonder where the real turkey is sitting - or running.

Leni Qinan said...

You have to be faster, YSFB. Famous skibbers in Spain have their meals in groups of 100-200 people and they all leave at the same time. I've read it in the newspaper. Nobody can stop them, and if someone tries, they start throwing chairs and things to the waiters -it's a very uneven situation and skibbers always win-.

My suggestion: when you go out with friends, why don't you just take a calculator and divide the bill between the number of people drinking/eating/whatever?

That's what we do over here... but I suppose it's exciting and thrilling to skibb from time to time, LOL.

Shelli said...

OMG @Leni. Yikes.

100-200? bloody hell.

good ole' chew n screw.

Unknown said...

I've skibbed once because of shitty service at the bowling alley.