Wednesday, March 29, 2006

At 10 and 2

Things are boring here so I'll just blog my Drivers Ed.

Oh how I remember it like it was yesterday. I never been inside one of those cars before. When I went in it looked like a giant machine. My instructor was an old fat guy who had dealt with one too many snot nose teenagers in his years. I practiced like we all do but as soon as I got in his car I just totally lost it.

So I had to back up. My foot was too anxious on that gas pedal and I ran over the mailbox and possibly the neighbors cat, it all happened so fast! He kept telling me to keep my hands at 10 and 2. Nowadays my hand, well actually fingers pretty much stay at 8 or sometimes 12 sharp. I'm such a bad driver now but I never got in any accidents, major accidents that is.

Well back to the story. So there I was pulling out of the driveway. A stop sign was coming up but I kept on going. I was wondering why he kept staring back at me and back on the road over and over again. Then he used his huge machine to emergency break to stop me. I remember the look he gave me. "What the hell are you doing!" I simply replied driving. I was scuh an ass and a prankster. I really knew how to drive then. I just wanted to be the jackass in the car. But I didn't see the stop sign that was completely covered in tree limbs! Eventually I drove better because I really wanted to get a license.

Too bad I couldn't say the same for my "co-drivers". How in the world can you get nearly hit by a bus? I think I pissed my pants 10 times with them. The instructor kept grabbing his heart. The instructor retired a year later. Whenever I go back home I sometimes see him working at this tool place. One time when he saw me he grabbed his heart. I don't know why he would grab his heart when he sees me. I was the better driver out of the other ones.

Of course the other ones failed and had to take it over again. The girl that was in the car training with me had a crush on me, so we dated and I taught her how to drive. It was fun just cruising in a car with a girl in the passenger side as she layed on my shoulder. That relationship didn't last long though. Her parents didn't like me. Those were my grunge rebel days.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

lol @ that guy grabbing his heart !!

i didnt take drivers ed...waited til i was 18 and took my test-2 times.

i grew up in the country-it was ok to drive w/o your license.