Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bad Times

Friends you thought you knew seem to always surprise you. Visiting an old friend of mine proved to be a sad mistake. I wish I never left. I wish I never saw it. But then again if I didn't see it he probably would've been dead.

I haven't seen him in years and we both pretty much stop talking to each other as the years past. I went to his old hangout and found out that he was evicted. I asked a few people and they told me what happened to him. I knew that when I last saw him that he was doing drugs like heroin a little bit but he told me he quit, but I guess......

He pretty much went from worst to terrible since I last saw him. His ex girlfriend told me where he stays now. When I found him, he was in this abandoned house with some other people. He looked dead and pale. He didn't even recognize me. His arms looked like nothing I've ever seen before, and I've seen a lot of weird shit.

I called his mom and told her about her son. She didn't seemed shocked. She told me that he goes in and out of rehab and always gets worst each time he gets out. I asked her if she wants to do something now and she told me that its no use you might as well just leave him there. I then just got fucking pissed off at how someone can just cut of their own kid without even thinking about it. After a shouting match with her that lasted forever she finally came down to where I was and helped me out.

He was alive but he didn't move. We took him to the hospital. The mom eventually broke down in the hospital and realized what is going on with her son. She was now pissed off at me and told me to get the fuck away from them as if I was the enemy. But I didn't want to talk back because she was just in pain. I waited inside my car for a few hours but I didn't see her come back out. I decided that it was best that I just leave them right now. I was going to call her or go back down sometime next week to see whats going on.

He's just had a really shitty life. His parents fought all the time and his dad left when he was 8. His mother didn't give a shit about him and blamed him for ruining her life. He is a great friend and I know he'll pull through this one.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

I just went through this with a friend back in October. He was/is addicted to crack and he had his whole life in front of him and somehow he just pissed it away. It's hard to try to save someone when they're not willing to save themself.

My friend was clean for about a month and then got sucked back into that whole lifestyle...you can try and try but if they're not truely committed-nothing changes.

Good luck with your friend. Sorry to hear his mom was that way-but you were right-she was hurt.

ysfb said...

I called her last night and she told me he is in stable condition but they want to keep him for a few days.