Monday, October 24, 2005

I Have A Story To Tell

I really don't like talking about this to anybody, so I'm glad I can speak this freely in my blog.

A few years ago I was involved in a car accident. I had to go to the hospital because somebody was drinking and driving. When my family and friends try to talk about it to try and get me open up I would always shut them out. I felt as if somebody held my life in their hands and chose to hurt me. I was filled was so much anger that all I could feel was hate. Nobody new how I felt and nobody can tell me that things will be better. Things will never be better for me. Although I'm totally normal now I still feel that something was taken away from me that no matter what I do and no matter what I say, nothing can help me. That's probably why sometimes I have really dark days when I'm just totally unreachable.

Let me tell you how this all started. I was driving my car at night. His car hit me head on. It totally demolished both cars. He was able to get out of his car during the accident but my legs were stuck. They weren't broken but they were really stuck. So stuck that I started going numb and then I passed out. I woke up in the hospital. The doctors said that I was lucky to be alive and how close I came to death. I was worried that they had to remove my legs but luckily I could see them. But I couldn't move.

I thought my life was over. I couldn't live life in a wheelchair. Anger and hate just filled my mind. I know my friends and family wanted to kill him after they found out that he was drinking.

As the months passed by I eventually got feeling back and I made a full recovery. Nowadays I can hardly drink alcohol. I just worry that I would do the same to somebody else. As time goes on I start to relax a little, and the hate slowly subsides.

Who knows where this guy is nowadays. I know that if he stayed here then I would seriously fuck him up.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

I don't drink and I think that's one of my worst fears-that I would be just minding my business and out of no where some jackass who was drinking would get behind the wheel of a car and hurt not only myself, but my children.

I'm glad to hear you made a full recovery.