Sunday, November 19, 2006

Take A Message

When I was in high school, I had a writing project. We all had to envision that we were stuck on an island. We were on this island alone and we would never get off it. We all had to write a one page letter about what all the things we would do in life and how we would've of changed our paths. We would imagine putting that paper in a bottle and hope that somebody would read it and know that you wanted to change your life.

I wish I had a copy of my paper with me but I must've lost it. I'll write a little something about all the things in my life I would change if I had the chance.

1) I would try not being such a bad son to my parents as a kid.

2) I would appreciate life more.

3) I would not take people for granted.

4) I would be a little more trusting of people.

5) I would never try to experience drugs again.

6) I would try not to be depressed.

7) I would try to smile more.

8) When I have the chance, I'll be the best Dad I can be.

9) I would be a better person to everybody.

10) I would live my life better so that my future will be more promising.


My original letter was more detailed and filled with a lot of thoughts since I was still going through a lot at the time. After we finished writing it, we all had to read our letter out to the class to feel the effect of a total stranger hearing it for the first time.

Right after class, I got an empty bottle and went to the beach. I folded the letter I wrote for class and stuffed it in the bottle and threw it as far I can. I guess the letter was my way of saying I'm sorry to everybody. I'm kind of curious at where it could be now.

5 comments:

Shelli said...

Someone opened it and read it and was truly inspired to change their own life for the better.

Hopefully, they did.

Beyond Me said...

The thought of writing your innermost thoughts on a piece of paper waiting for someone to read it would keep me wondering what will happen to it.

I would hope it would change a person's life. I know if I read something like that I would never be the same afterwards.

ysfb said...

I used to write a lot of things while I was in school. Writing was my way of speaking when I didn't want to speak to anybody else.

kimmyk said...

WOW!!! Great picture first of all...secondly....how cool of an idea. I wonder where it is? I bet you'll be a good dad. Especially giving your advice on girls and what not to do.

Very cool post YSB!

kimmyk said...

Happy Thanksgiving YSB and Beyond ME.

I hope you enjoy your time with your family!!