Sunday, November 26, 2006

Reco!

Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fucking have any.



So it's Sunday and I'm back. My entire family is gone! Thanksgiving wasn't the pain in the ass that I expected. My brother popped in a DVD while we were eating dinner. It just so happen to be Boiler Room. Not quite the family friendly movie but it was great the first time I watched it years ago and better the 1000th time watching it Thursday. Hence the title of the post and me sipping some alcohol while watching the movie.

My grandparents made a surprise visit Thanksgiving morning. They said they wouldn't be able to make it, but they made it anyway. Grandpa arguing with Grandma and Grandpa arguing with Dad who was arguing with all of us made this Thanksgiving no different from the one the previous year and the year before that and so on. It would really suck if we had nothing to argue about.

My girlfriend was in charge of the turkey since everybody else was the guest. I expected it to be so dry that cutting it would start a fire. But it was good. I don't get it. She can barely make a grilled cheese sandwich but you put her in charge of a turkey and you got a masterpiece.

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

Hey what's with the labels? I see everyone doing that now. Must be what all the cool kids are doin. I was never that in with the 'in' crowd.

'atta girl Beyond ME. Way to serve up the bird girl!

ysfb said...

Blogger Beta sucked me in. I feel so dirty. I only really use the tags when I remember to type them in.

Kate Michele said...

I always told chad I didn;t say I couldn't cook just that I don;t!! Turns out i'm actually really good at it...shhhh...don't tell anyone cause then i'll have to do it!!

So do you like Beta??

Beyond Me said...

I'm actually a great cook. I only make crappy food so that he can cook for me more often.

Shelli said...

Awesome! Glad your Tgiving was good...or at least your turkey!! :)

YUM.

ysfb said...

I knew you knew how to cook. Nobody can make an omlett that bad everyday.

When you have me cook I always end up undercooking/overcooking so we have order the food.