Saturday, November 18, 2006

Giving A Little Etiquette



So my girlfriend and I are back in another debate. Why! Why me!!!!!

My girlfriend and I went out to dinner Thursday and Friday. Thursday we had a guy waiter and on Friday we had a female waiter. Both nights were at the same restaurant. We both tipped the guy waiter and we both tipped the female waiter the next night. But I simply paid her a couple of dollars more. I didn't notice, it was just a couple of dollars. But my girlfriend and her eagle eyes caught that extra cash on the table and asked me why I paid more for a female waitress and less for a guy waiter. I knew which way this conversation was headed. I asked for some aspirin from the waitress.

Ok, here's how I saw it. The guy waiter sucked. We had to wait forever to get served and I didn't get my damn refill! So his tip totally sucked. The female waitress was asking if we needed anything like every 5 minutes. She was always available and always watching. So I gave her more money. My girlfriend is saying the reason why she kept coming to the table was to flirt with me. I was shocked! I can attract ladies when I'm not even trying, damn I'm good. Now that I think about a little more and read this, the waitress was giving us a little more attention than the other people. Maybe, just maybe she was flirting a little.

So is their a guideline to tip a waitress when you're with your girlfriend? I need to know. I'm just giving out quarter tips for now on to everybody.

My girlfriend said she's is over it and was wondering why I'm making a big deal out of it. I gasped! She started it! I'm over it. I'll just ask to be served by lesbian waitresses for now on. That'll be hot.



The rest of the night was pretty fun. Slasher Fridays rocked. We had this guy playing music and everything. I fell asleep for a couple of hours and woke up and partied some more. Felt like a hundred people ended up being here. Everybody didn't leave until this afternoon, leave meaning kicking them the hell out my place. I didn't even know who these people were staying over. I just felt awkward telling them to leave because I might know them.

9 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Guys don't make good waiters. Period.

kimmyk said...

If the waitress was better than she deserves the better tip. Anyways, Beyond Me-you should know it's a mans world-let the girl get a step up just this once.

Beyond Me said...

She can look but she can't touch. He couldn't see it. She acted if I wasn't even there. I'm like excuse me bitch, but you need to serve me or be served. I don't play like that. But I kept calm. But in my mind I could see me and the waitress on floor pulling each other's hair out.

Ladyred said...

Don't eat out two nights in a row.

I do believe waitresses turn on the charm. Actually my boyfriend does flirt a little with them (yes with me there). He believes if he is friendly we will get better service and he's right. I don't mind because at the end of dinner I know who he's walking out with. As for waiters, it just depends. I dont' believe they actually flirt unless flirted with first. From what I've seen and done. I will flirt a little too, and if they look at me like i'm in the 32%ile of attractiveness, they get diddly.

There is a waiter rant blog on here and he's a hoot. He was actually featured in some news article I think. Let me find his blog.....o he got his own address what a snit. But it's interesting to see things from his point of view.

http://www.waiterrant.net/

ysfb said...

I've always been overly friendly to waiters after I watched the movie Waiting. I admit, that I might've been flirting too but I do that all the time. I've been flirting since I was able to walk.

I can see why my girlfriend got a little upset. This wasn't the first time something like this happened.

Shelli said...

I always go by the courtesy of the waiter/waitress...not if theres something dangling between their legs, or not! If I ask for a refill and she comes by with the bill 1/2 hour later and still no refill, she loses some in my eyes...if roles were reversed I'm sure you woulda done the same to him, yes?

ysfb said...

Me? Noooooo. I would see how far it would go. I don't mind a little flirting here and there but if somebody deliberately touches you such as your hand or lap then they obviously has something more on their mind. And that may flatter you but it would also disrepect you and your date. And I ain't having no disrepect up in here.

Kate Michele said...

I flirt with my guy waiters cause then I can get better service!!!

Everyones happier with that!!

Beyond Me said...

I think this whole topic is sounding a lot worst than it really is.

I just a question wondering if he noticed he payed her more. The waiters both nights were ok. I wouldn't have given any of them a penny more or a penny less. I might've given the waitress a little less though