Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Little Big Brother

I got a call from my little sister today. My sister is really personal and she never talks about what's going on in her life to any of us and especially not my parents. But today we talked for a long long time about her life and what's going on. Apparently things are a bit rocky back home. It seems like she's walking the same path I walked at that age but not that extreme, my parents made sure that wouldn't happen again.

Without getting too personal about her situation, it has to do with the relationship she's in. But what I have to say about the situation is that I don't like it. I was tempted to come back home within minutes of the call. I am really pissed off at this situation, but she is growing up and she is old enough to learn from her decisions and I can't always fight all her problems. She calmed me down enough for me to stay but I'm really tempted to just leave. And she promised that she'll think about it for awhile and call me back tomorrow with her decision. I'm not gonna sleep at all tonight. I need some alcohol to calm me down.

So after I here her "right" decision I'll blog it tomorrow, then I'll leave to kick the guy's ass.

After the call she said she appreciates me and knows that I am always there for her when she really needs somebody that won't judge her to talk to. I feel that I'm not a complete asshole and that somebody still needs my help sometimes.

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

She loves ya.

I always wished I had a brother. Firestarter5 is the closest thing I'll ever have.

That's cool she can trust you with what's going on in her life...I hope it all turns out ok.

ysfb said...

She calls me her little big brother because I'm the youngest brother and her big brother.

I called her back after I posted seeing if she made her decison yet. Not yet she tells me. I think I already know what her decision is going to be.

My Word Verification is "hhugg". That's a little creepy sad.

Kate Michele said...

Awww thats so sweet. She loves you respects you and knows you will always be there to be her "little big brother". I always thought it would be cool to have someone in my life that would be there to stand up for me and protect me and jsut generally be a "brother".

I will say this...follow your gut...if you feel you need to be there, maybe you do, if you think shes growing through on her own, then she probably is. Though I will say: I don't know how old she is, but if this ass is beating her up...GET HER OUT!!!

I'd hate to see her stuck in something that gets harder to get out of as time goes...

I'll be thinkin of ya all tonight!

ysfb said...

Trust me, if somebody laid one hand on my sister I'd be there in no time to kick some ass but as far as I know he isn't hitting her.

She told me that she is really in love with this guy but I kept telling her that its infatuation and that she's still a kid bascially. He's having problems at home and she's having problems at home so they both just wanted to leave. I tried to convince her to stay but she needed to think about it. Luckily she decided to stay. I did call mom last night and tell her to watch little sis tonight because she sounds kind of ill on the phone. So mom was watching her unknowingly of what she might've been planning.

I did speak to her boyfriend though. He told me his situation and I kind of would've ran away myself if I were him, but that would've been the wrong thing to say. I told him to wait until she's 18 and then if they both feel they wanna leave then I won't push them.

So she's still home.

Kate Michele said...

Thats good to hear.

I've been aware of the beating up issue cause the girl at Chads work is involved with who we believe is a drug dealer and he beats her up. She comes in wearing sunglasses and limping and all. She even told them, but she said he has people watching the house and following her so shes to scared to leave. Plus shes use to the money he gives her..after the beat down, ya know?

Glad your watching out for her, theres some real fucks out there!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »