Saturday, August 19, 2006

Oh Grandpa

"Why are you growing your hair out long? You look like a fag!"

My grandpa in response to me growing my hair long as a kid. My hair is curly so I have no choice to keep it short. Grandpa was right about growing my hair out long. About half way I decided to cut it down. My hair seemed to grow up and sideways then down and back up again instead of just down. Thanks for that dad! My sister has the long flowing hair that she throws in my face every time I see her. Here's a picture of me a while back.



I love my grandpa. Sometimes I felt that he was the only person who understood me. After calling me a fag for trying to grow my hair long I told him that I was going to get him back when he least expects it. We kid around with each other all the time. We throw a few jokes back at each other and laugh. We both knew that we weren't serious but when strangers hear us out loud, they get kind of worried. Today grandpa is in a wheelchair for a while because he broke his hip when he fell down the stairs. BIG COINCIDENCE, I had nothing to do with that fall! My grandma keeps telling him to take it easy going down the stairs but he's always rush rush. I'm the same way. I've fallen down those stairs like a million times. I'm surprised I'm still alive from Grandma & Grandpa's House of Pain. I'm gonna visit them in a few weeks for the weekend and catch back up on the old days.

21 comments:

Kate Michele said...

Hope he's feeling better...I miss my grandpa...passed away from cancer.

Curly hair huh? Why is it that guys always get the best hair..and they don't care, while us girls....

Beyond Me said...

You look so cute. I love your hair. It reminds me of Justin Timberlake, sexy boy.

Firestarter5 said...

Awesome, you remind someone of a Backstreet Boy.

...wait, that's not awesome....

ysfb said...

Don't ever call me a cute. I'm rough around the edges with a soft side I never show.

I hate my hair. What can you do with curly hair except just cutting it all off?

I'd die if I ever looked like a Backstreet Boy.

Kate Michele said...

Your Rugedly Handsome...thats what Chad makes me say about the boys..They are not CUTE he says!!

Shave it..thats what Chad does with he's.

Heather B said...

I like curly hair on a guy, but it has to be kinda long to look good.

When it is still in the short, pubey stage I think it is gross.

So I guess what I am saying is ... shaving is the way to go!

Beyond Me said...

I just like calling you cute because it drives you crazy. It works everytime.

It's your hair that does it for me. You are a handsome young man, happy, you little cutey patootey.

ysfb said...

Enough with the cuteness! You know what does it for me? Coming home and seeing my girlfriend in a lingerie holding beer in one hand and a cheeseburger in the other. That would be my ultimate "Come Home Fantasy".

When I get haircuts, I cut it really short. If I don't cut it then it just poofs out like an afro.

Ladyred said...

well, give your hair a chance to get past that horrible stage. that's when it reaches its peak, THEN the good hair comes. patience......just try it. nothin like a man with long hair that's usually nicer than mine....then again i'm also partial to the high-&-tight or complete baldness. mmmm Mr. Clean......(but i do insist on most of their own teeth, and preferably in the front, and not gold) have ya tried the military-cut or even shavin it off? might be liberating! and hell when i sit in the hairdresser's chair listening to them want to hack mine off i chant "it'll grow back, it's only hair, it'll grow back"

oh just stay away from the mullet

kimmyk said...

i was gonna say you look like a backstreet boy-must be why beyond me loves ya.

but of course you have that angst youth thing going on too.

you're hateful. you're mean. you just have the face of an angel. ha!

Beyond Me said...

Do you want to hear my fantasy? I come home from work and you are actually cleaning up. Now that's one helluva fantasy.

You should cherish your hair. Call it an oddity if you want, but you are my curly oddity and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You know kimmyk, I never thought of it that way. I was probably attracted to sick bastard because in my mind he reminded me of the backstreet boys. I actually think I might be trying to turn him into a boyband boy unconsciously. When we first went out he purposely destroyed all my pop cds but now when I buy them he doesn't destroy them purposely, right away. I'll need to sleep on this one tonight.

Now that I think about it, he'll never go that far. A girl can dream though.

Kate Michele said...

You guys crack me up!!

ysfb said...

I'm going to have to shave all my hair off now.

Keep dreaming beyond me. I already caught on to your plan in trying to change how I look. It ain't gonna happen. I'm not going any further then how I look now. And me destroying your pop cds were only accidental.....everytime.

Beyond Me said...

you'll get yours!

ysfb said...

We'll see

Kate Michele said...

LOVE the new background!!!!

ysfb said...

I'm trying to find one that fits.

kimmyk said...

I like this background. I can read it with firefox. I say keep it.

Lemme hear you sing "I'm bringing sexyback..." sing that part for me YSFB.

ysfb said...

Sorry, can't sing, laryngitis.

Shelli said...

i luv the pic, sexy. whats up with the faces you are all making? makes me wonder what you're all thinking LOL

ysfb said...

She just came out of nowhere and told us to put up a dumb face. Since I'm naturally dumb, I had that face.