Wednesday, May 24, 2006

5 Days Left To Go










I've been thinking, what if you knew when you were going to die. If at birth you had a tattoo on the back of your neck that told you the year and the time you were going to die like


2006

9:43 p.m.

All you knew was the year and the time so when that year comes around you would be terrified every day of that year at exactly 9:43 p.m. wondering if you were going to die that night. Would you plan your own funeral in December of that prior year? Would you even try to know people. Would you even try to have children that you know at birth will die at the age of 6? It's a really creepy thought. People would go crazy. And just a creepy thought is if you get on a bus and you notice everybody has the same year and time on their neck including yourself, would you warn people or would you be expected to warn the people to get off the bus when death would be waiting outside for all of them as expected.

People would probably live life to the fullest and not take anybody for granted. Or it would have the opposite effect. Knowing that you will die that year you would have a death wish and not care what you do. Or would you hide that tattoo for the rest of your life and never look at the year you were going to die so that you wouldn't have to worry. But wouldn't you be curious. It would start with a peek at the last number of the year and then you'd be terrified and curious for more information. The world would definitely be a different place.

5 comments:

Shelli said...

Indeed, a question to ponder.

The world would be a different place. The kind of people you are would depend on how you'd react, I'm sure-positively or negatively.

I would definately not be able to sleep at night wondering what the date of my doom was.

I would look.

It's be nice if we would cherish every moment as if it were our last.

Beyond Me said...

Sounds like a good premise for a movie.

I couldn't look at it. I'd rather be surprised when I get killed or even better, die. That sounded terrible.

But when I feel like my life is accomplished then I'd like to look at it and just relax as my time dwindles down. I'll sip wine and put The Notebook on auto repeat until I pass on. That would be ideal for me.

kimmyk said...

Did you ever see that Nickelback video with the people walking around with the clock above thier heads? I thought that was freaky...and what if you altered someone time...pushed them out of the way of a speeding runaway car?

I don't want to know when I'm going to die, but I think IF I knew-I'd purposely live a different life.

ysfb said...

Yeah, I remember the video. I would definetly look to see when I was going to die. I wouldn't change my life because why should I change my life for death. I'd live life to the limit and accept death when it's time.

Firestarter5 said...

I'd actually like that idea (knowing when you're going to punch your ticket)