Saturday, May 27, 2006

2 Days Left: Follow Me



I feel like I have nothing left to say. May 29 will be my most personal post to date. It will be a growing experience for me and I hope to get over that day without.......

Here is a letter my friend sent me a few weeks ago who is overseas for "The War".

********************************************************************

I lost a bet the other day. I had to either eat a handful of sand or see how long I could get away with being naked. It was hot, so I ate the sand naked. Other than that, life here has been pretty dull.

It's easy to see the stars at night without the interference of city lights or that crazy lady in the building next to you throwing her cats around again. I wish I was back home though. By now the war isn't getting to me anymore, now it's just so fucking boring! At least back home I could stick dollars down a strippers g-string, all I have here are ......... I can't think of anything. We have nothing!

I'm trying to get this letter to fill the entire page so I'm trying to think of things that happened, so while I'm thinking I'll keep writing nonsense stuff until I figure out something to write about. Still thinking, still thinking, still thinking, still thinking, jumping jacks hurt my feet, still thinking, still thinking. Ok I got something. Nope, just gas. I can see you guys laughing. I know you guys miss me. You can just send the strippers to pick me up, I'll be with you guys a few minutes later.

Ok that looks like a page now. I wrote big so it looks like I wrote a lot or that I have the mind of a 2 year old. I'll see you guys real soon.

***********************************************************************

He should be home in a few months.

9 comments:

Shelli said...

I have a big space in my heart for all the soldiers. Since 9/11, every time i hear the National Anthem, I shed tears for all of them.

kimmyk said...

Yeah for him coming home soon!

I can't wait for day 3 to get here....then all this torment you're feeling will be behind you....

Kate Michele said...

I'm with kimmyk

ysfb said...

i'm with kimmyk too.

may 29 is when it all started. it didn't end until much later. it's just that day is what started it all for me and all the events that lead to "it".

kimmyk said...

is this all about losing your virginity?

ysfb said...

i lost my virginity long before this happened. but i do remember it like it was yesterday.

Beyond Me said...

And after ALL this time I thought it was I who took your virginity.

ysfb said...

ha ha ha, whatever. the only thing you took away from me was my self esteem, my self respect, my emotions, my heart and my blue denim shirt that you hid from me.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»