Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Feeling the Buzz

My friends have alerted me about my parents upcoming intervention with me. My parents think that I have a drinking problem and they've been calling people wondering how often I drink. I don't consider myself an alcoholic, which is probably something an alcoholic would say. I know my limits, until I can't remember how many I've already dranked. I haven't gotten drunk in the past couple of days. My friends are always with me and they know when I've had enough, I think. I'm more of a casual drinker. Drinking alone makes you drink more. I'm not even a fan of beer. I like the harder stuff.

They call me one time and I was drunk and they think that I'm an alcoholic. It was months ago, I thought they forgot. My parents know I don't like confrontations like these so that's why they want to do it. I admit that I did start drinking underage. When I was still living at home, my parents kind of had a feeling that I was drinking so one time I remember coming into my room a little drunk and when I turned on my lights, my parents were on the bed waiting for me. Scared the shit out of me. My mom smelled my breath and they both left the room. I knew I was busted. Woke up the next morning I was grounded for the entire summer.

But I'm just like everybody else. So here's my question, I think my parents read my blog so I was wondering do you guys think I drink too much?

On a side note, that picture looks mighty tasty. Hope it doesn't interfere with your decision.

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

Maybe it's the women you pick up when you've been drinking that has them worrying about your state of mind.

How often do you drink? Is it daily or just socially on the weekends? Are you missing class etc? I don't know, when I was your age I was in the bar everynight til I was 24 years old. I grew out of it-it lost it's novelty especially when winter hit. Too damn cold. Summer does that to ya-

I dont know if I helped or not. Probably not. What the hell was the question?

Kate Michele said...

The Alcoholics I know all go home every night and drink a 24 pack!

Are you doing that?

Ladyred said...

I don't know if you drink too much. Are your parents like bible-toting parents? When even one drink is bad? Have you been drinking more than say, usual? After the BM thing and all? At first alcoholics don't admit it. But it takes others to help them see or even something horrible to finally realize one has a problem. So I can't say you do or not.

My mother is an alcoholic. So if you want to assess your "alcoholic-ness" (so not a word but sounds kinda cool) ask yourself these things, as well as what kimmy said: do you have to start out the morning with a drink (my mother pops open a beer when she isn't working, for that matter maybe she does drink before she goes to work), does your drinking affect your every day life (not remembering things, ignoring your responsibilities, stealing to get booze money, etc. etc.)

I take alcoholism seriously so sorry if this is too serious for ya.

I drank when I was underage too. Most kids do. That doesn't mean you are going to be an alcoholic.

Thanks for the comment. Are you going back to school? Will await your plans!

SpanishGoth said...

Fucking hell - I thought this was funny as I can gauge the language by knowing how you normally write.

Then

Ladyred has to step in and get serious.

Bollocks - I drink Jack Daniels at 5 am (so fucking what?!) - that's when I've finished cleaning up someone elses shite.

What I do not do is drink and drive, or beat the shit out of my partner or children.

*falls off pulpit and laughs*

ysfb said...

I don't drink often but when I do drink, I drink as if I'm dying of thirst.

Ladyred said...

Oh man Im sorry I didn't realize this was supposed to be FUNNY. My bad.

O Goth, I didn't mean drinking in the morning when you haven't gone to sleep yet.....that doesn't count.