Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bad Boys Bad Boys, What Ya Gonna Do

Today somebody was flashing me their lights while I was driving. It took me a minute to realize the old rules of the road but then I remembered that flashing lights means cops ahead. I slowed down and less than a minute later, a cop was on the side waiting. Every time I pass by a cop, unknowingly (the bastards), my heart races and pumps hard.

I can remember one time a cop was behind me, I kept going. I assumed he was getting somebody else so I moved over to the other lane, as did he. So I kept going, then he puts on his sirens, so I guess I was the one GOING THE SPEED LIMIT that he wanted to pull over. He asked why I didn't stop, I told him that I thought he was getting the other guy going like 50 mph faster than I was. So he gave me the "talk" of how fast do I think I was going. So I said something like 65. I told him how fast I thought I was going. Problem was, I was going over 65 in a 45. Caught in a damn speed trap. But nowadays, I know where the cops hide and I know when to go fast, and that's why I haven't gotten a ticket in years.

I remember one time I was driving at night. One car wanted to race me. I wanted to back down but I couldn't. So we drove and we passed by a car and I noticed that the car slowed down and got in our lane, #1 sign of a cop. So I immediately turned off on the road while the other guy went on. He won the race but as I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw flashing lights pass on the road. I waited a couple of minutes and drove back out. About a mile down, the guy was pulled over by the cop, that was a good laugh.

Well talk to ya later.

2 comments:

Kate Michele said...

You do realise that now you've jinxed yourself, right?

kimmyk said...

so good of you to check in.
thanks.