Sunday, March 09, 2008

Chronicles of Drunkania

I broke up with my girlfriend because she doesn't drink. I know I'm an asshole. I just can't be with a sober person. I thought I could get over it but she won't even drink a little bit. I do admire that and becoming a recovering alcoholic and going to her weekly meetings but I just don't have time for sobriety in my life. My liver is one thing I know is going down the shitter in the future. Perhaps when I realize I'm a alcoholic, who am I kidding, or rather come to terms with then maybe we will have a future.

It was mutual. She kind of sensed it. I felt bad taking her to bars but I shouldn't have to sacrifice my fun time with friends for her benefits. She had fun. As much fun as a recovering alcoholic can have at a bar that sells alcohol. I feel like I was a bad influence. It's not like I tied her down and forced the beer down her throat, but the idea sounds kind of good for some s&m. I'm sure she talked about me at her meetings. I laugh at people that drink Zima, she wouldn't even drink Zima! But we are still cool, see.



She told me she only went to the bars because of me. Now that made me feel really bad. A couple of more shots got rid of that thought. And that picture was taken "after" the break up which means she wasn't crying and totally upset that she broke with the drunken stallion. We'll still hang out and like watch a movie or something. She eventually left without us last night. She didn't even say goodbye, I think. I don't remember much, she has my number.



But we had fun. And I not a alcohlic. Forgetting stuff is normal. I realize now that dry heaving blood is not normal but that was one really really bad hangover. Still not an alcoholic though -- is what I keep telling myself. I see how depressed people use drinking as a crutch. It gets your mind off things. I guess subconciously I do it

5 comments:

Beyond Me said...

you'll always be an asshole but i sensed some distance between you two. you just better hope she doesn't end up trying to hurt you like your other ones, unlike me, i never tried to hurt you except the times we were together.

Shelli said...

LOL@ BM.

I think you did a very respectful thing. She was hanging with you b/c she liked you even tho it hurt her, that's admirable. She's gorgeous btw. You are cute...but there must be something more to you. All the hot girls like you, whats the deal? LOL (evil laugh)

Just don't go finding a new gf with some sick eating disorder now!

Unknown said...

drink on brother, drink on!

SpanishGoth said...

Well, I think you're fucked up and I drink like a fish - in a tank full of vodka (water is so bloody boring)

But, what the fuck do I know?

*falls off chair but does NOT spill JD*

Bettina said...

She sounds like an awesome girl. She hangs out in bars with you just to be with you, although she is a recovering alcoholic and then don't even get angry when you dump her. She's got class, that girl.