Sunday, July 23, 2006

Poindexter! HA! HA!

We were talking about growing up and being in school and how soldier boy used to be called Poindexter. Now that he's trained to kill people by the government we forgot all about the nickname........

I had a picture of all of us back in school but I can't find it. Everybody called him Poindexter because he wore glasses and his sinuses made him talk "smart". It didn't help at all that his mom made him wear his pants way up his chest and made him always tuck in his button shirt with the very popular pocket protector. I mean, come on! That's just child abuse! He would always pull his pants back down and untuck his shirt when his mom wasn't around. He even hated wearing the glasses. He would go the whole day somewhat blind just so he wouldn't have to wear the glasses. Then when it was time to go home he would hike his pants back up and put on the glasses to go back home. Everybody else thought it was a joke, but we all knew, sadly we all knew. It wasn't until later when some asshole geek told his mom on him and would always get him in trouble. Nothing a few wedgies and swirlies won't fix. Last I saw nerd boy, he was visiting back home and looked liked a person that could kill you with his mind. I think he works on a boat or something.

Well back tn Poindexter. He never liked the name, go figure. When I was a kid I told my mom on his mother because I thought it was stupid. This guy was really cool and his mom was just ruining his life. My mother laughed at me and said it couldn't be that bad. I invited him over one day just to show her exactly what I was talking about. His mom came by and dropped him off. My mom opened the door and saw him come out of the car. She yelled at me that my friend is here and ran into the other room trying to not laugh as loud. She didn't mean it to be cruel but she thought I was kidding about the whole thing. She came out the room and he said "Hello." And my mom was biting her lip trying not to laugh. She told me she'd try to talk to her.

Eventually he did something with his glasses and his sinuses and went through puberty and got a deep voice in high school. He made a complete turn around. I pretty much haven't changed since the first grade.

Leave it to Jake to always bring back the best memories.

pocket protector HA HA HA HA!

9 comments:

kimmyk said...

Is that you in your profile picture? I think if that's you-your persona doesn't fit what you look like. You look like one of the kids my son would be friends with. I say that in such a loving way too btw...you seem like such a dark sad soul by your posts [well not so much since beyond me has come into the picture] and your picture you look like every other middle class american kid who lived a pretty normal life.

i love it!

just putting a face with a blog is a good thing....you're a good kid. not that if you were this dark sad soul you wouldn't be...i'd still love ya all the same.

He doesn't look like a Poindexter btw...he looks like a good kid. I hope the military hasn't changed him too much.

ysfb said...

*your picture you look like every other middle class american kid who lived a pretty normal life*

Don't ever say that!

Back when I first started blogging I was just getting out of my dark days. I can't believe I was a goth kid at one point. If I knew [that] was what I was going to look like in a few years, I would've definetly killed myself by now. I am my anti-self.

Life has been looking up for me nowadays. The way things are going now, I have something to smile about.

Plus I'm just trying to get my life back together.

But don't get me wrong, some days I just want everybody in my life to stay away from me and I like to be by myself for awhile. Especially on certain days. I've always been that way. My family and friends and girlfriend hates it when I'm in one of my moods, but that's always been me.

Who knows what my personality will be in a few years. I'm pretty sure I'll hate it.

For Poindexter, he's changed since school. He lost all the Poindexter features. He's back to normal again. He started cracking jokes and being the asshole we all grew up to laugh with this weekend.

Beyond Me said...

Thanks kimmyk. I am reponsible for everything about him now. Without me he'd never get a haircut and he would never enjoy life as much. Oh and when we get married we'll have 6 kids all named Jr. And we'll live in a pink house with pink flowers all over the place! I can't wait!

kimmyk said...

Name one KimmyK for me, alright?
Thanks.

and Beyond Me? Ya did good girl.

ysfb said...

that picture on your blog would wake anybody up beyond me. i couldn't turn away either.

PINK HOUSE! no.

see, i wanted 7 kids, there goes the relationship.

i always get haircuts. and i always wear hats when it takes weeks for me to get a haircut. i thought you like my hair grown out?

and i changed myself. it is me who has changed beyond me. i gave her attitude. before me she was quiet and never talked, wait, that's what i wish for. well i can't think of anything now, but i will soon and i'll post it!

Kate Michele said...

You make my insides feel good buddy!! See the thing about Poindexter is that you saw him for who he was aside from all the geek gear!!! And that makes you all the more special..... And Might I add CUTE!!

As for my boys you will be happy to know that their whole wardrobe has to be approved by me and their dad as to not have any sissy beat me up clothes!! Our boys are two and my mom already hates their mohawks!! So they're difently keeping em'!!

FYI: I never "looked" like what I was feeling and thinking either!! I was always told I look like such a "normal" girl...But inside my mind and me were screaming! Alone time is sooo precious to me...You keep that!

ysfb said...

I guess I speak from the inside. My outside doesn't really show it much.

My mother tried the suspenders on me once. I experienced hell that entire day in school. Going to school naked would've been less embarassing.

Beyond Me said...

You in suspenders? Now that's funny.

ysfb said...

You tripping over your own foot while holding the plate of food was funny.