Thursday, July 06, 2006

Eating With Dead People

I was going to take my girlfriend out to dinner last night to a restaurant that we always go to. When we got there we saw an ambulance and a person being taken away in a body bag. The restaurant was still open and I didn't mind going in. I just tried not looking at the dead body. But my girlfriend was saying we can't eat here because a person just died. It's not like the person vomited all over the food and destroyed the restuarant before kicking the bucket, would've been cool but it didn't happen. She said that she can't eat there ever again because it would be too weird.

To ease her thoughts I asked one of the workers why the person died and she told me he choked on the food. When my girlfriend heard that she grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the exit. I shouted what was the food he choked on. And she said that it was the chicken. I told my girlfriend that the guy choked on the chicken, we were gonna order the steak. Then she gave me this look and we had to leave.

So we went to the shitty restuarant down the street that looked like a thousand people died there before we got there, but she wanted to eat there. The food was shitty and I was shitty the whole night.......food just didn't settle down right in my stomach.

Well I am as good as good today. We're ordering Chinese tonight for dinner and watching Underworld, my pick of course.

9 comments:

Kami said...

THat is some funny shit.

Beyond Me said...

A person died inside! It has to be some kind of health code violation for that. You are definetly one sick bastard for trying to eat there while a dead body was being taken away.

Shelli said...

I woulda still eaten there...but that is a little creepy, so maybe not THAT night.

Chicken? WTF? Can't anyone do the damn heimlich anymore??

Thats horrible, but as soon as I read the first paragraph I had to figure it was a choking, which is wierd because usually they will continue to try and save the person til the hospital.

GROSS!

ysfb said...

I don't know what happened before we got there. I'm guessing they tried to help him but it didn't work. She was the worker so he might've had a heart attack while choking. Now that would suck. Death hitting not once but twice at the same time.

Perhaps we should've at least waited until the next day to attempt to eat there.

I choked on chicken before. I have to say steak has always been my "safe from choking" food.

Beyond Me said...

I'm refusing to eat chicken now. I'm refusing to eat anything that used to fly. That whole night has got me really paranoid. I keep telling myself, it's just a chicken, it's not going to kill you.

I can see myself 50 years from now running away from a chicken in my wheelchair.

ysfb said...

Only you would find a chicken scary. Not a giant shark or a flesh eating disease, a chicken.

I on the other hand have a new appreaciation for the bird. I order chicken now whenever I go for lunch except when you're there.

What are the chances you'll choke on a chicken. You could choke on anything and die. I hope that comment helps.

I even almost choked on my own tongue one time. It lasted for about 2 seconds but I thought it could never happen. Now if I can survive multiple deaths, then you can survive anything. Trust me, I'm smart.

Beyond Me said...

Me taking advice from you would be like taking advice from a piece of paper. I'll just become 100% vegan since I hardly eat meat nowadays.

ysfb said...

Tell me about it...wink wink

Anonymous said...

if somebody died while i was eating the same food i'd ask for a refund or a free ticket for a free dinners for a year. that would make me feel better.