Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wishing For A New Life

I took a drive to see my friends and family. I found out that one my friends from high school died in an accident over the weekend. He graduated in my class so I've known him since I was in 1st grade. Being with a group of people for 12 years + kind of strikes a bond. It's like they become your family. I remember graduation day that everybody said goodbye for the last time and we all went our own seperate ways never to be seen again.

I remember when I was in 3rd grade the teachers gathered classes one at a time to tell us that one of our fellow students "passed away" yesterday. I remember it exactly when it happened. Teachers were crying and kids were crying. This would be my first experience with death. It's crazy that I saw him and spoke to him the day before the accident.

On my way back home today I was just thinking about the classmates and friends I lost since and after high school. This for me makes friend number 4 lost. One in elementary school, one in high school, and two after high school. The one in high school died in a car accident on a rainy day. The one after high school died a couple of weeks after graduation, and now of course this friend makes 4.

He had a wife and 2 kids. According to the paper, he never came home after work. They had a search party for 2 days finding him late that second day.

This is just ruining me right now. I have a serious migrane of just constantly thinking about it. I have tons of people to talk to but I just don't want to talk. Writing has always been my way out. That's why I feel so much calmer now that I'm writing this. When I went to see my friends they were all quiet and didn't really want nothing to do with each other. I went to visit my parents and I couldn't even talk to them. They tried to cheer me up but they know how I just bottle things in and when I'm ready to talk, I'll talk.

R.I.P. Buddy. Life is always better on the other side.

My posts over the next few days will probably be a little on the down side. His funeral is next week. Right now, nothing else matters.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Sorry about your friend...I hope you feel better soon.

It's sad that we live our whole lives wondering just HOW GOOD it is on the other side...when really we never find out until THE time comes.

I hope its better there, but i'm in no rush.

Peace.
Shelli-B

Beyond Me said...

I almost lost a classmate one year. She was driving and got hit by a car. I dropped everything and ran to the hospital. She was out for a few hours but made a full recovery in a couple of days.

You never know when somebody you care about can just pass away. I hope you know that I am with you 100% of the way and that I'm always here for you when you need somebody to talk to.

Love is right beside you, always.

kimmyk said...

Aw sorry to hear about your friend...

that's so sad.