Friday, November 25, 2005

We All Have Our Secrets

First of all I would like to wish everybody a Happy Belated Thanksgiving. I hope that everything is well and that you had fun spending time with loved ones.

(...pause and exhale...)

I arrived at my parents house Wednesday Night for the whole Thanksgiving Eve my family has every year. When I arrivied my family was acting really weird and my mom was crying and my dad was walking back and forth and some stranger was in the house. Then I just took a deep breath and got myself ready for the bad news that was coming my way.

My mother told me to sit down. And she told me what happened. After she told me my heart just wouldn't stop beating and I didn't know if I should be happy or mad. I don't really want to say what happened until I know for sure that it's true. If it is true then our lives will never be the same again. But if it isn't true and the guy is not for real then things will be much better.

I'll keep you updated.

6 comments:

kimmyk said...

leave me hanging on the edge of my seat why dontcha.

hope the rest of your time spent with your family was better than that. was your brother there? do you have other sibs?

kimmyk said...

YSB-About let me think....12 or 13 yrs ago a guy showed up in the summertime and said he was my fathers son. No denying him-he was. Looked like my dad and everything. Slightly different story than yours yes, because he is my adoptive father and my moms 2nd husband...but i still remember the "oh my god" factor of someone showing up like that.

now, how are your parents dealing with all of it? i'm sure if it's been a secret all this time because you are what? 20something? so for 20+ yrs your parents have held that secret to themselves....can you even imagine?

did you meet him? his wife? kids?
i hope good things come from all this....how scarey for him to reach out....hopefully he was open minded to what your parents wanted for him and you're all welcoming of the situation...if that's what you all want.

Keep us updated would ya?

sparrow said...

Wow.

Just.
Wow.

ysfb said...

he came solo. he feared bringing his family along because he was worried about how we would react. he seems ok i guess. his wife looks pretty good in the photos so i guess we the men in the family do have good taste in women.

i guess it got really emotional before i got there. they said that when he arrived at the door he just stood and stared and didn't know what to say. my mom answered the door and got kind of frightened to see somebody just standing there. she told me she put her hand over her mouth and knew who he was about 30 seconds later.

he lives just a few states away from us. he found out where we lived earlier this year and wanted to be sure before he just showed up.

i can't imagine the guilt they felt all these years.

Beyond Me said...

That was quite a surprise. When you called me on Thanksgiving you sounded a little stress but I'm glad you're back now.

I know you're tired of me talking about the situation but you know that you can always talk to me.

ysfb said...

Jeez, you're acting like I just killed somebody. I'm ok!

And our little date/party we had last night.....don't worry I made sure you didn't make an ass of yourself. :( .....at all times. I'm pretty sure the girl accidently pushed you to the floor before she threw the drink in your face.