Sunday, May 15, 2005

Death Becomes Them

May 24, 1998 - 6:37 p.m. I got the call that would change my life. Travis and I have been best friends since we were kids. Travis started to hang with the wrong crowd as he got older but we still remained friends. He met a girl named Melissa who at the time I thought would change his life for the better. Melissa is a 2 sided bitch cunt whore that ruined his life. I would come to find out that she was his supplier of drugs. His downward spiral towards oblivion wasn't any concern of hers. Myself, friends and parents would try and get him to rehab or something but he wouldn't listen. They eventually ranaway and I didn't see or hear from him for months. One night I got a phone call from Travis on my answering machine. The most chilling message anybody could ever hear. He told me that his life is now ruined and that he was going to die. He kept repeating that until it cut off. A couple of days later I saw Melissa sitting in the dark corner of a small alley shaking. I didn't know whether to hit her or comfort her. I asked her if she has seen Travis. She looked up at me trembling and I stepped back. She looked liked death that was clinging to life. She whispered that "Travis is dead to you". Anger and saddness filled my fist as I hit the wall. I walked away and dropped to my knees a few steps later.

Hours passed by, and then days and months, and eventually years. No word from Travis but I still hear people say they saw him a few towns over. I consider the posibillity that he is still alive but as time goes on, I feel less pain of what I should've done instead of what I did. I haven't seen Melissa since that time in the alley. She has been dead to me since the day I saw her.

I do watch the news daily and online trying to see some glimmer of hope or unfortunate tradgedy. But I realize Travis would've came back to town by now or that he is too ashamed to come back.

Only time will tell.

1 comment:

sparrow said...

You are a sick Bastard! Great site, btw.